Saturday, June 19, 2010

Garden

Today was a beautiful day: perfect for a stop at the West End Farmer's Market this morning, and then I wandered a few blocks to check out the Davie Village Community Garden - a lovely little oasis at the corner of one of the busiest intersections in downtown Vancouver: Davie and Burrard Streets. In the midst of all the bustle is this chunk of land, formerly the site of a gas station, now a community garden where people grow flowers and vegetables in assigned mini plots. I'm tempted to put my name on the waiting list to get my own $10/year spot - my balconies on the 21st floor are too windy and don't get enough sun to grow much of anything.

The glass towers in the background are The Wall Centre - including until recently Vancouver's tallest building.

Post title from this song by Pearl Jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment