Monday, June 28, 2010

On a Bicycle Built For Two

Was biking around the downtown business district today and came upon a happening at the Vancouver Art Gallery. This immense, solar powered tricycle, (called Daisy, apparently) a part of eatart.org, was giving people rides around the plaza on the Georgia Street side of the Gallery. Also there were the Gramorail and a DJ tent blasting fun dance tunes - powered by people pedaling stationary bicycles. It was delightfully unexpected - the carnival atmosphere put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

Post title from this song by Nat King Cole.

Also, this post was supposed to go up yesterday (Sunday) but I neglected to hit Publish. I've been a little busy with my new business venture, and things have slipped through the cracks here and there. My apologies. This week will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment