Thursday, January 6, 2011

Roaming Dragons


Beginning in the fall of last year, the City of Vancouver has allowed street food vendors to proliferate. We always had hot dog carts, but following the lead of other west coast cities like Los Angeles and Portland, Vancouver's street food scene is expanding. One of the leaders of the pack, and a personal favourite of mine is the Roaming Dragon. The guys at the truck, often found at farmers markets on the weekend and usually parked curbside on W. Georgia near Thurlow weekdays, have an infectious enthusiasm for food. Their menu is limited, but everything on it is delicious. Snapped this quick picture of the corner of their truck's awning as I waited for my order (Korean short rib tacos & lychee basil lemonade) one clear day back in October.

Even if I wasn't posting here regularly, I was still taking photos with the intention of using them for this blog. I'm so happy to be back at it - didn't realize how much I missed it!

Post title from this song by Full Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment