Friday, May 7, 2010

Bicycle

In which I continue to document the ever-expanding network of cycling routes in Vancouver. As the weather gets nicer, I'm spending even more time on my bicycle. So it pleases me immensely that Vancouver City Council yesterday voted unanimously to allocate budget and resources to improving and expanding Vancouver's existing 400 km of cycling lanes and paths. I took this picture on a newer section of the seawall. On the right is the new Vancouver Convention Centre building, which opened last year. Straight ahead is the Vancouver Convention Centre's older building, the iconic five sails, which was built to serve as Canada's Pavilion during the 1986 Vancouver World's Fair, and has been used since, and continues to be used as a convention centre in the heart of downtown.

Title post from this song by The Watchmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment