Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Metro

Today I rode the Canada Line from downtown Vancouver out to Richmond (a suburb directly south of Vancouver proper) and back, just for fun.

Because I'm a geek like that.

On the way home I was able to sit in the very front seat. Because Canada Line trains are automated and have no driver, that seat looks out the front windshield. As we were stopped at the Oakridge/41st Ave Station northbound, I aimed my iPhone at the front window and took this shot of the tunnel in front of us. The way it's lit almost makes it look like some kind of wormhole from a science fiction television show. I also love the ghost-like reflections of my fellow passengers along the left edge of the shot. Maybe I'll stop taking my good camera with me - some of my favourite photos are ones I took with my phone!


Title post from this Berlin song.

1 comment: