Friday, April 2, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now

Out and about on my bicycle a couple of mornings ago I realized too late that I'd forgotten my "good" camera at home. So I fished my iPhone out of my pocket, opened the Hipstamatic app, and had some fun with it. I love the idea of using cutting edge technology to replicate the look and feel of the past.

This photo was taken along the seawall in Coal Harbour, not far from where this photo was taken. Put a few coins into the slot and gaze out at the North Shore Mountains (shrouded in cloud in this shot), watch float planes take off and land,  and while they're still there, check out the Olympic rings that shone bright gold every time Canada won a gold medal during February's Winter Olympics.

3 comments:

  1. very cool. I know it's been a while since I lived there, but you;re making me rediscover my old hometown. I love it! Keep it up, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the shot is really cool and my first thought was this was a robot, maybe the modern version of R2-D2 of Star Wars! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JM: Thanks - I loved its friendly-robot look too!

    Izzy: Funny thing is, I'm rediscovering the city I live in with this project - it's been really great! I see Vancouver with entirely different eyes, and explore corners I would normally ignore and rush past.

    ReplyDelete